DIY Turmeric Face Mask – Pore minimizing and moisturizing
Last summer during a rainy day at our summer house, I stumbled over a fun video on youtube. This girl was rocking a VERY yellow face-mask, and I had almost all of the ingredients in my kitchen! I was kind of bored and had just lost 2 games of backgammon in a row, so I needed something else to do! I did my own take on the recipe, from what I had in the kitchen, and have perfected it since:)
I was blown away by the result! Not only was it super easy to make but it’s also extremely cheap! The ingredients are all moisturizing and cleansing at the same time. The PERFECT combination, and my personal DIY-facemask favorite! My pores seemed a lot smaller and my skin felt baby soft and moist. As a bonus, the tumeric will give your skin a healthy looking glow:)
- 1 tablespoon (with a top) Yogurt (you can use all kinds of yogurt, I used a rest of my soy yogurt #zerowaste)
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Raw Honey
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and whisk it together
- Use a make-up brush to apply (or you will be rocking some very yellow fingers)
LEARNINGS! (all learned the hard way by ME)
- Be careful when applying near the hairline and your brows. The color might stick. Add some moisturizer beforehand (like when you use a self-tanning lotion) or use a scrub afterwards.
- Don’t wear white and this mask at the same time!
- Wash your face thoroughly after use, and don’t sleep with a white pillowcase 🙂
TIP: If you end up making a bigger portion than you need, put it in a jar and store in the fridge (will last 5-6 days). Or give some to a friend:)
BONUS: This worked wonders when me and my skin was feeling (and looking) hungover on a Sunday.
BONUS: For a more exfoliating recipe, try this new recipe.