Vegan birthday dinner – and zero waste table arrangement
For my birthday, I invited my family over for dinner. Since I don’t eat much meat and don’t really like preparing it, I thought I would serve a vegan meal. They might have seen it coming and eaten some before they arrived, but they did seem generally happy and full afterwards!:) I made it all from scratch in about 1,5 hours, and felt really proud and grown up haha. Thought I would share the menu and some zero waste tips when laying a table.
It was a bit tapas inspired since I just spend my real birthday in Marbella.
VEGAN TAPAS MENU:
- Homemade hummus and vegetable sticks
- Homemade crispsbread (a bit toooo crisp)
- Quinoa salat with romaine, spinach, red peppers, avocado, tomatoes and roasted pine nuts
- Pan fried aubergine with oil and paprika (salt and pepper)
- Broccoli and mushrooms on the pan with garlic and chili
- Pesto and bread (not homemade)
- SNACK: Roasted cashews and olives
- DRINKS: Kombucha (homemade) and water
* ALL ORGANIC
And then of course the dessert, my lovely non-bake brownie<3 See full recipe here.
ZERO WASTE TABLE ARRANGEMENT TIPS:
- Reusable table napkins: I just bought a lot of bandanas in different colors and use them as table napkins. Some I bought last summer for my trip to Burning Man, and some I’ve bought second hand at Prag.
- Reusable stainless steel straws: Read more about my love for these straws here.
All the food was consumed which I see as a good sign for my cooking skills! #wifeymaterial #simplyfood
If the table looks a bit messy, I’m blaming my little brother who came early and helped set the table while I was slaving away in the kitchen! #bestbrotherever
Ingen kommentarer endnu
Skriv en kommentar